- Price based on a group of 6 - 9 persons
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday
- Jewish Synagogue is closed on Friday & Saturday
- Entrances fees to the monuments: £15 pp
- Price for a group of 2 persons (£1279)
- Price for a group of 10 - 14 persons (£1199) Highlights: Kovalam - Cochin - Periyar - Kumarakom - Backwaters Alternate travel dates: 1 Apr/ 15 Apr/ 13 May/ 27 May/ 3 Jun/ 17 Jun/ 1 Jul 5 Aug/ 2 Sep/ 7 Oct/ 21 Oct/ 29 Oct/ 11 Nov/ 2 Dec/ 13 Jan 21/ 20 Jan 21/ 17 Feb 21/ 10 Mar 21/ 24 Mar 21 Hotels:
Kovalam - The Travancore Heritage
Cochin - Crowne Plaza
Periyar - Cardamom County
Kumarakom - Lakesong Resort
Backwaters - Houseboat
Cochin - Crowne Plaza Itinerary:
This highly recommended tour combines the very best of the beautiful state of Kerala, with its history, culture, tranquil backwaters, verdant hill country, lush plantations, beaches and wildlife. The tour highlights Kerala's most popular tourist spots and includes a houseboat experience.
the place. Highlights:
• You will enjoy a cruise in the waters around Cochin Harbor and watch the sunset over the city known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. You will get a chance to admire the sunset from the boat. See the amazing Chinese fishing nets in the pink haze of the sunset.
• Enjoy enchanting backwaters – The village of Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands of the Vembanad lakes.
• Enjoy the taste of Kerala Cuisine cooking demonstration and interaction with a local family.
• Enjoy staying at Traditional houseboat. Day 1: Trivandrum to Kovalam by surface On arrival at Trivandrum, our meet and greet team will assist with your transfer to Kovalam, where you will check in to your hotel. 14:00 hrs - Standard check-in time. Day 2 & 3: Kovalam
Both days are at your leisure, to enjoy the delights of Kovalam. Known as the Paradise of South India it’s an idyllic coastal resort with three beautiful beaches. Day 4: Kovalam to Cochin by surface (Approx. 220 km, 5-6 Hrs)
After breakfast drive to Cochin, also known as Kochi, the Gateway to Kerala. Cochin has been a port since 1341 when a flood carved out its harbour and opened it up to Arab, Chinese and European merchants. It became an important part of the spice-trading route on the Arabian Sea where Vasco D Gama landed in 1498.
Upon arrival at Cochin, check in to your hotel. In the late afternoon, you'll be picked up from your hotel and driven to Marine Drive, where your cruise ship awaits. Your one and a half hour sunset cruise will take you along the waterways of Cochin Harbour, offering picturesque seaside views of the town and harbour. Day 5: Cochin
Your morning sightseeing tour of Kochi includes a visit to the Dutch Palace and Synagogue. En route see the famous Chinese fishing nets. In the evening enjoy a Kathakali dance show. Evening cooking demonstration and dinner with a local family. Day 6: Cochin to Thekkady (Periyar), 195 Km/6 hrs
Take a scenic drive through tea and spice plantations and blue hills and arrive at Periyar for a 2-night stay. Day 7: Thekkady (Periyar)
During the morning take a two-hour boat safari on the mist-shrouded lake, which offers excellent opportunities for spotting wildlife, especially herds of elephants. Afternoon visits the tea, cardamom, pepper and coffee plantations that surround the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Day 8: Thekkady to Kumarakom, 140 Km/5 hrs
You’ll leave just after breakfast, driving back down to the coast and the melodically named town of Kumarakom on the banks of Lake Vembanad. Day 9: Kumarakom
A day at leisure to relax at the resort. The resort offers comfortable accommodation and exclusive leisure options like Ayurvedic massage, yoga and meditation. If you are feeling more active then you can go boating, fishing or maybe swimming or take a cruise along the Vembanad Lake to experience the delightful Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Day 10: Kumarakom
Day at leisure and Overnight stay at hotel. Day 11: Kumarakom to Alleppey (Houseboat)
The Kerala backwaters consist of a complex network of lagoons, lakes, and canals. These are best experienced while slowly punting down the labyrinth of canals in a traditional thatch-roofed houseboat, known as ‘kettuvallam’. Embark on your houseboat, a renovated cargo boat with either one or two bedrooms, kitchenette and all modern conveniences. A 3 member crew will cater to your comforts and meals. See life on the banks, lush green rice fields, and coconut groves with occasional temple or church as you cruise through the canals. An experience you will savour for a long time. Day 12: Alleppey to Cochin by surface
After breakfast drive to Cochin. Upon arrival at Cochin check-in at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure and Overnight stay at hotel. Day 13: Depart Cochin for onward journey
Breakfast at the hotel. 12:00 noon, standard check out time. You will be transferred from your hotel to Cochin airport in time to board your homeward flight.