Highlights: Johannesburg - Klaserie Sands River Camp (Safari) - Cape town - Johannesburg
Other Departures: Aberdeen - £5825, Manchester - £5825, Glasgow - £5829, Edinburgh - £5825, Belfast City - £5829, Newcastle - £5825
15 Jul 21: Arrival Transfer
3 Nights Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton(Double Guest Room)
16 Jul 21: Scheduled Soweto - Journey to Freedom - Full Day
Departs between 08h30 and 09h10.
Pick up from your hotel.
Many South Africans gave much, some gave all, to achieve a truly democratic South Africa. Come join on this full-day tour which shares some of the journey, pain, and struggle of those heroes; witness the places, experience the diverse museums where these momentous, tumultuous years have been so well documented. Your day begins at the Kliptown Open Air Museum where delegates met in 1955 to adopt the Freedom Charter, now the cornerstone of the Bill of Rights and the South African Constitution. The next significant stop is the fascinating Regina Mundi Church, the site of so many of the underground meetings of the then banned political parties. Standing in here, you can feel the tension, picture the intensity, the strain on the faces of those unthinkably brave souls, committed at any cost to changing the way of life of a nation. Your next stop is the Hector Pieterson Museum, where you start to unravel the cause of the devastating riots, before traveling past Mandela House, where you have the option of visiting this small museum (own account). Lunch in Soweto at a local restaurant. Then continue your journey driving past the affluent suburb of Diepkloof, which is in stark contrast to the lower-income areas seen earlier in the day, en-route to the iconic Apartheid Museum. This is an interactive voyage of discovery, one which takes you from the dark days of whites-only privilege, through to Nelson Mandela's historic release. The Apartheid Museum is a multimedia experience, with documentary film snippets, texts, sound clips, and live accounts, recapturing life in the dark days of South Africa. It's a fascinating tour, filled with tales of bravery and sadness, but ultimately, it's a story with the right ending.
Your experience highlights:
• Kliptown Open Air Museum
• Regina Mundi Church
• Hector Pieterson Museum
• Mandela House (own account)
• Lunch in Soweto at a local restaurant (own account)
• Apartheid Museum Inclusions:
• Regina Mundi RCC.
• Hector Pieterson Museum.
• Apartheid Museum. Exclusions:
• Gratuities for the guide. 17 Jul 21: Pretoria Vodacom Bulls V British & Irish Lions (Loftus Versfeld stadium)
Included: Category B Tickets & Return Transfers 18 Jul 21: Safari (3 Nights) After breakfast transfer to the airport for your flight.
• Klaserie Sands River Camp
• Luxury Suite
• Fully Inclusive (Selected Beverages) Location: Klaserie All rooms are complete with air conditioning, overhead fans, mosquito nets & beautiful private decks overlooking the African landscapes and riverbed. Service Includes:
Luxurious accommodation and amenities, delectable breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, an array of curated wines, beers, spirits, and soft drinks, twice-daily game drives with expert rangers, optional bush walk activities, Wi-Fi access, laundry and use of on-site fitness equipment. Service Excludes:
Champagne, cellar wines & premium spirits, telephone calls, gratuities, reserve entry fees, conservation levies & transfers. 21 Jul 21: Transfer from Lodge to airport transfer Arrival Transfer Cape Town (2 Nights)
• Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa
• Classic Room
• Bed & Breakfast 22 Jul 21: Scheduled Full Day Cape Point Tour Drive along the scenic Atlantic seaboard coastal road as you pass the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay to see the 12 Apostles Peaks. We see Hout Bay and the Sentinel with an optional visit Seal Island (own account) or shop for souvenirs at the craft market at the harbor. Drive along Chapman’s Peak (if open). Visit Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, home to ‘fynbos’, wild animals (like Cape Mountain Zebra, baboons and several species of buck and birds). We’ll stop for lunch along the way (own account).
Optional funicular to the lighthouse (Funicular for own account). Visit Boulders Beach to see the African penguins.Drive through Simons Town and see False Bay and the Indian Ocean. Stop at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (own account) before returning to your hotel. Includes:
Cape Point gate entrance, Chapmans peak entrance and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens entrance. Excludes:
Seal Island cruise ticket, Cape Point funicular ticket, lunch and Boulders beach entrance. 23 Jul 21: After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg. Transfer upon arrival. Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton (2 Nights)
• Double Guest Room Breakfast 24 Jul 21: Johannesburg Springboks: FNB Stadium.
Included Category B Tickets & Return Transfers 25 Jul 21: Departure